Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Completion Date


…This seems odd to be talking about the building permit so late in the construction stage. This month I will be celebrating another year that I have been under construction. Yes it’s my birthday, but sometimes we don’t know the true value of something till we meditate on it. Oddly enough that’s what I have been doing, as I have been constructing and learning to go deeper, examining my heart. Every new building needs to submit a blueprint to city hall for approval, before construction can start. I am so thankful when I answered that altar call many years ago. It was as if I was submitting my blueprints, that every inch of my life was exposed. Every room, every closet, was open for examination. What the evil one brings to harm, the Holy Spirit turns it around for our good. As a little boy growing up going to church, I was taught that the evil in me sits on my shoulder whispering in my ear, prompting me that its o.k., you can get away with it, no one is going to know. That’s a lie because I know. So if I know shouldn’t I also know that God knows? As my dad would say, sometimes we are our own worst enemy. If you are still reading I know that there has been a good work started in you. Don’t quit, don’t give up hope.

Ephesians 4:25-32 (New Living Translation)
25 So put away all falsehood and "tell your neighbor the truth" because we belong to each other. 26 And "don't sin by letting anger gain control over you." Don't let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 for anger gives a mighty foothold to the Devil. 28 If you are a thief, stop stealing. Begin using your hands for honest work, and then give generously to others in need. 29 Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. 30 And do not bring sorrow to God's Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he is the one who has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of malicious behavior. 32 Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.


Most log homes fall into the category of one of a kind, custom made, and for this reason need a special seal that is obtained from a structural engineer. I believe there is a special seal on each one of us. Years ago when we built our first house, we were able to move in before final occupancy was granted. This allowed us the time we needed to complete some of the unfinished details, and the privilege to live in the house before final occupancy was granted. In God’s word, our Bible, we are taught that we will never be complete till we are in our true home Heaven, that this earth is a temporary thing, and this will all pass. I have been asked many times will I ever build that log house for real? We all have things we would like to do, big dreams we would love to see come to reality. I have seen glimpses of the possibility of this happening, and my hope is that I will. I know that’s not an exact answer, but it’s the best I can say. I do believe we need to keep moving forward toward our dreams in the hope that one day the impossible becomes the possible. I also believe if you grieve the Holy Spirit you aren’t doing you self any favors. Our manual (the Bible) was written to teach, not to condemn and that God does care about whatever we are going through.


Ephesians 1:13
13 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation -having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,


Titus 3:5 NLT
He saved us, not because of the good things we did, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins and gave us a new life through the Holy Spirit.

As I am struggling with my thoughts, with the words I want to write, there is this cry inside of me to be able to express as clearly as I can that God is an awesome God. No one going to make you follow after the things that please Him, your spirit is going to have to want it. God’s Holy Spirit will not force any wrong on you. It’s not possible. In the Bible Jesus says, “Come to me all who are weary and I will give you rest.” Are you one of the all? I know I am. My prayer is that you think about your actions and remember what love is.—LOG - ON

1 comment: