Saturday, August 7, 2010

Clean up


Expectations…Today I need to meet with the master builder, have a cup of coffee, and go the over project. It feels like it’s been a while since we sat down and examined the house. There’s still a lot of work to do on the house as it nearing completion and I can visualize the finished job. Even though things are looking good I am feeling a need to keep pressing on, not to be content, that this has been a good thing, and time well spent. Sometimes when I have a project I am working on I tend to do several things all at once: hammering, sawing, gluing, and painting. Not to mention the clutter that comes from the pieces of logs and saw dust. Clutter in your life can be anything that wants to confuse you; steal something of innocence that is in your spirit with lies. Clutter in your life can be time you give to the wrong project, and in doing so we lose something very special. Today I feel grateful that I can spend the time cleaning up and reexamining this house. When we clean up the job site we get a fresh start, a new outlook on the days work ahead of us. Sometimes there is a real temptation to plough ahead, and in doing so, build walls in the wrong place, or close off doors that were meant to be open and for our good.
Lamentations 3:21-26 (NLT) 21 Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: 22 The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. 23 Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. 24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!" 25 The LORD is wonderfully good to those who wait for him and seek him. 26 So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment