Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Whats around the corner?


Lessons Learned …When I started construction I never dreamt that it was going to turn into a lesson about the spirit and not the building. Spending time building has taught me so much about faith. There were many times I wanted to quit, but each time I wanted to quit I felt that the Holy Spirit had something to teach me. I was taught about prayer, how God longs for us to spend time with him and talk to him. I was taught about patience and rebuilding, when I had to take the log walls apart many times. I was reminded many times of Bible verses that somehow seemed to fit and come to mind when I was at different stages of construction. Somehow there was something in side of me, a need to keep moving forward, that what I was working on had value, and as the construction nears completion, to finishing well. I’ve come to realize that God, the Father of the universe, longs to be in whatever we are in, you could be a skateboarder, a cabinetmaker, a youth worker, a housewife and mother, or even a Grandad with a big dream. We are not clones, we all are different, with different gifts. We are all part of the same body with the same Holy Spirit living in us. Each one of us is at a different stage of construction that doesn’t make us less or more of a building, it just means that we are a work in progress. I jokingly commented to my daughter one day, “ It’s taken me a lifetime to get to this point.” Whatever stage of construction you are at, that’s the stage where you are meant to be. There are some stages that just seem to take longer. You might even have to redo a section that doesn’t feel just right. Are you proud of what you have made, what you have become? This old house of mine with all its mistakes, with all its flaws and shortcomings needs Christ to make me whole. He cleans me as white as snow, sets my spirit free to dance, to worship, to give to love. Somehow all of this means nothing if my own family can’t see a faith in me that’s real.

Isaiah 1 18:19 "Come now, let us argue this out," says the LORD. "No matter how deep the stain of your sins, I can remove it. I can make you as clean as freshly fallen snow. Even if you are stained as red as crimson, I can make you as white as wool. 19 If you will only obey me and let me help you, then you will have plenty to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment