Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Moments in Time


…Dreams don’t always come true. Reality, life, call it what you want, has a way of coming to the surface, and sorting itself out. I have often wished I had known my own dad’s dreams, his thoughts, what his hopes were; but that wasn’t to be. He died when I was 25, and we never got to have that conversation. Maybe I am too open with my dream. Dreams don’t always come true. It’s the memories of our loved ones that are true; it’s the songs they taught us, the hugs they gave us, their moment in time we got to spend with them. Today I stained the logs. It made the house look darker than I had hoped; a look that I am not happy with. It was kind of discouraging; to a point of what’s the use? I have spent all this time, and there seems to be heaviness over the project. But there is something inside of me that needs to complete this task. As I sit sipping my morning coffee; trying to pray, and hear in my spirit where I am at, and what lessen I will learn. Somehow I feel at peace. We are all stained. We all have sinned. We all have past stuff we would like to forget. Sometimes I need to be reminded how far I’ve come; how much I’ve been forgiven.
It’s a new day. I still think the stain gives the house an overall dark feel. Sometimes my own spirit has a darkness, almost a heaviness that I don’t like. We are called to be transformed, to renew our minds, to share each other’s burdens. So I open His blueprint. It’s funny, I feel like I’ve had a conversation with the foreman. What a strange thought. I get some advice. Simple, why don’t you remove some of the stain? Sometimes we can get so caught up in the problem, that we don’t see the simple solution.
So I did some sanding. I removed some of the dark stain – and I press on.
Romans 12, 1:2 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice -- the kind he will accept. When you think of what he has done for you, is this too much to ask? 2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.
I would like to encourage you as you read, that God is in the business of transforming lives. My prayer for you is that you don’t give up, and miss out on the way he will transform your life. Log-ON

No comments:

Post a Comment