Sunday, October 3, 2010

It,s Just a Building


…It wasn’t that long ago that people lived in log homes, grew their own food, had some farm animals, and were basically self-sufficient. My son commented he wished he had grown up in the Sixties, because the music back then was better. Sometimes I wish I would have grown up in a different era. I wonder what it would have been like to live off the land? Hard work I’m sure; rewarding probably. I’m sure they took the time to rest, go to church, be with family and friends, or just enjoy a day away from work. But the world has changed. I think we have given that away, and lost something in return. With the pressures of life, high mortgages, the fast pace we are all moving in, it’s difficult to find a place to be still. Church isn’t about the building; it’s about the people, it’s about a sense of belonging. It’s about coming together as one, and giving thanks as we worship. Our church service this week was a worship service-Super Sunday. Our God is a God of second chances, and I am so grateful to this body of believers. As I look over the congregation my mind is reminded of some of the people that have prayed for my family, and I rejoice in my spirit. Sometimes we can leave a service with a word, a thought, or maybe a conviction. Today I was so grateful to Graham and the worship team because I got to leave with a song, ‘Our God’: “And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us?” Monday. I’ve sanded the dark look away. It took longer than I had hoped it would. Wow! All I can say or feel at this time is, “Lord you know my heart, and I will search for yours.” There’s a real darkness that wants to remind us that we aren’t good enough, that we fail more than we win, that sin leaves it’s mark on us. But we need to press in to all that God has for us. I think its o.k. to be reminded how far we’ve come, and give praise and thanks to where we are. Hebrews 12: 1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily hinders our progress. And let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us. My prayer, as you read this verse is that you take out your Bible and read the remaining verses. Log-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment