Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Gift


… Have you ever picked up your camera because you needed that special picture? It really shouldn’t come as a surprise to me anymore but it still does, that the Father of the universe wants to bless me. As I’ve said in earlier blogs this isn’t about dreams or log houses, it’s about going deeper and hearing God for yourself. On an earlier blog, I needed a picture of our church building. Since our church doesn’t look like a church, and it has many functions, the picture I needed to take would be special. Did you know that God gives good gifts to his kids? As I’m standing, thinking, do I take a picture of the people in the congregation, or a picture of the building? Just then my son walks by holding his sons hand, and my spirit is moved, and my thoughts turn to a Holy Father. A proud father, a strong father, holding his child’s hand, and the child being so comfortable, as there is almost a oneness to their stride. This isn’t the picture I had come for, but it’s the one that impacted my spirit. God wants to walk with us, all we need to do is reach up and take his hand.


Psalms 25:4-5 Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. 5 Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment