Monday, November 15, 2010

A light unto my path...

…I was so looking forward to this day. The day that I get to add lights to my log house. Now that it’s here, I’m feeling just a little uneasy. When you think about it, it’s the light that dispels the darkness. Right now my mind is racing with thoughts of light. Turning a light switch on in a dark room makes it impossible for the darkness to stay. Try this: sit in a room that has a ceiling lamp. Now just relax, let the light be absorbed into you. I hope that doesn’t sound too weird. Now get up, walk down a dark hallway, or go into another dark room, and turn on the light switch. Now try the same thing with the lights off. Sit in a dark room, now get up, walk down the dark hallway, or go into another dark room and look for the light switch, and turn it on. I don’t want to influence your thinking, but when I sat in the room with the light on, and had to get up and turn on the light switch in the dark rooms, I almost felt comforted, like I had taken some of the light with me. I could also turn around and see where I had come from, or I could return to the main room and absorb more light.
I have always thought the opposite of light was darkness. The more I think about it, the more I feel its temptation. We are told to resist temptation and stand your ground. The more temptation leaves us, the more opportunity light has to shine. When we pray, asking God to help us, we expel the darkness. If your heart is real, and your prayers are sincere, I believe God honors that. Psalm 119: 105. "By your words I can see where I'm going; they throw a beam of light on my dark path." As you read His word for yourself my hope for you is that your spirit will absorb some of His light. Log-On

2 comments:

  1. Light always cuts through darkness not the other way around. Who ever heard of a flashdark? Not me. I need and love the Word. Its like my light-saber.

    I'm up to date, keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Walk by the light you have so darkness doesn't destroy you. If you walk in darkness you don't know where you're going. As you have the light, believe in the light. Then the light will be within you, and shining through your lives. You'll be children of the light."

    John 12:35,36
    Message Translation

    ReplyDelete