Thursday, March 10, 2011

Love Covers All

....One picture is worth a thousand words. Love what an awesome little word. Love covers a multitude. There’s that place where we would love to travel to, that special piece of clothing we love to wear. Some have a favorite color they love. Or they might say, "I love that color on you, it brings out the color in your eyes." I believe that the Lord speaks to us through scriptures, through nature, through song and especially through people, if we have the ears to listen. Spiritual ears. Have you ever been side swiped, not in a car, but by a question? I’ll get back to this thought later. Sunday night, my wife and myself attended a worship service. What a blessing that was. There were only a handful of young people in worship, no message, just closed eyes praising God. In Love with their creator. It’s not that often as an older generation worshiper I get an invitation to sit in on a junior youth worship service and reignite something in my own spirit. Let me encourage you when the invitation presents itself again, you accept it. So midway through the week our church junior youth service was open to all ages, and once again I saw a generation in worship, in love. There was a freedom that was present at both services. (Almost like a first love) Those of us that have been married for some time, I am sure you can remember your first date. How, when you had to walk up the pathway and knock on your sweethearts door. If you were like me your heart was racing and beating so loud that you would think the people around you could here it. You were probably really nervous. Right? When you were first in Love you were so full of ... let's call it faith. If you were like me, you had some pretty big decisions to make. I'm not sure why those decisions as big as they were came easy. So why do the little decisions so much later on in life take so long to decide? Do you ever just sit and shake your head and ask yourself what was I thinking? Every once in a while you will be given a gift, and if your heart and your ears are listening you will receive the gift. My gift came when an elderly couple from my church shared with me the love that I could see in them for each other. What a privilege, to be invited into their life, as they held hands. My sideswipe question came form my mom. She wanted to know if I still love my wife the way I used to? After 33 years together, my nerves have subsided a little, but my heart still beats loud. We’ve become more one, we’ve raised a family and lived a life together. Yes. Sometimes the older we get, the smaller our step. This could be a physical step or a spiritual step, either way you have to take it. Sometimes a little reminder of the goodness of God, the faithfulness of God, is just the reminder we need. We can get side swiped in more ways than one. Satan wants to take you out. He loves to attack families. His main goal is to confuse you, take you off track, and trip you up.
1 Peter 5:8 Be alert, be on watch! Your enemy, the Devil, roams around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.
Proverbs 24:13-16 13 Eat honey, dear child - it's good for you - and delicacies that melt in your mouth. 14 Likewise knowledge, and wisdom for your soul - Get that and your future's secured, your hope is on solid rock. 15 Don't interfere with good people's lives; don't try to get the best of them. 16 No matter how many times you trip them up, God-loyal people don't stay down long; Soon they're up on their feet, while the wicked end up flat on their faces. Log-ON

No comments:

Post a Comment