Monday, April 4, 2011

Daughters Of Day


…There’s always going to be lots of choices pulling at you. Offers of trips overseas, which career path to take, who you will marry, or do you follow your dream? Decisions! Decisions we make, so many in a day that we don’t even realize it, but somehow we get through the day. Sometimes we go through dark days, lost jobs, unspoken bitterness, or unforgiveness, an elderly parent not remembering your name. It’s been said that time heals. As I look back on my own past, I recognized some of the healing that has taken place. Most importantly the hugs I get from my mom even if she doesn’t remember my name, forgiveness, old dreams reignited. In my thoughts I am reminded that love is the strength that binds us together. We don’t realize it, but love can be disguised as many things. It’s come in the encouragement I got from my wife when I lost my job, and supported me in my career choices. It’s come in times when I had to reach out and make things right. It’s come in the familiar voices of my sisters. And in hearing their voice, I am reminded that we are still family. Have you ever taken a romantic moonlight walk and looked at the stars? I got to do just that this past week with my wife, son, nephew and two nieces as we walked along the beach on the Sunshine Coast. There was a peace, almost a party atmosphere, as we walked in the darkness, knowing the night will pass because it has no other choice. You may be going through darkness, some of those things that life has a way of throwing at us. The Bible encourages us to seek council, to stand back to back, to worship, to wear armor, to do all this when the darkness comes. So that we would be still standing when the darkness passes.

1 Thessalonians 5 :4-8 4 But friends, you're not in the dark, so how could you be taken off guard by any of this? 5 You're sons of Light, daughters of Day. We live under wide open skies and know where we stand. 6 So let's not sleepwalk through life like those others. Let's keep our eyes open and be smart. 7 People sleep at night and get drunk at night. 8 But not us! Since we're creatures of Day, let's act like it. Walk out into the daylight sober, dressed up in faith, love, and the hope of salvation

No comments:

Post a Comment