Thursday, February 16, 2012

Get On With It

 Back almost two years ago I started this blog out of what I heard the Holy Spirit whisper in my ear. I had never given any thought to putting my feelings or dreams down on paper for people to view, let alone post them as a blog.  As I have tried to share some of what I know to be true, tears would come to my eyes because I know I couldn’t have written any of this if  I wasn’t obedient  to what I felt on that day. Once again I hear that gentle whisper, and I feel that this is going to be my last entry till I break ground for real. My hope, if you have been reading was, that I stirred something in you to discover for yourself what is pleasing to God, and in a way have challenged you to dig deeper down to a firm base... hard pan.  As you do, you will learn for yourself what it means to build on a foundation that lasts. Over this journey, reading my Bible I felt that I connected with some of the men I have read about. Out of Noah’s obedience the Bible says his family was saved. If you don’t attend church, start looking for a church you feel at home in. Believers are just people whose lives have been transformed from the inside out. From the HEART. We're not perfect, we just hold on to the hope that a good work has been started in us. Believe me when I say this out of your obedience, your family can be saved. You could be that blessing in someone’s life, there is need all around, you might even be the answer to someone's prayer. People can get so caught up with the material things of this world. "It’s mine, it’s precious, I must have it," that we don’t want to share. In one of the final scenes from the Lord of the Rings, as Bilbo Baggins tries to complete his quest, his companion Sam says, "I can not carry the burden for you, but I can carry you." Just think about that for a while. I know we have the power to make a difference. We don’t have to carry the whole burden for someone. We don’t have to adopt a whole village, but we can adopt one person. We don’t have to give all our money, but we can give some. Little changes in your life can have a lasting effect. Addictions don’t have to be generational. You can change that. We all need someone to come along side of us. It may be just a gentle hand on the shoulder asking, "How’s it going?" Or someone asking, "Is it all right that I pray for you?" Because that burden we carry sometimes can weigh us down.


Galatians 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.

Our Bibles are full of instructions. Words to encourage us. Words to inspire us. Words that will move you if you let them. Words that will change your very foundation. We all want the best for ourselves, our families, our friends, so why wouldn’t you want to live a life that brings glory to God? And stop running from Him. 
Philippians 4:6
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
I know we can’t carry everyone’s troubles.  I also know that we’re instructed to pray for one another. If I could pray one prayer, it would be to for you to never give up, because there is so much more at stake, more then we could ever  know or comprehend.                                                                                                                                                         
Quote                                                                                                                                                   “When we build, let us think that we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work as our descendants will thank us for; and let us think, as we lay stone on stone, that a time is to come when those stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor, and wrought substance of them, See! This our father did for us.”  – John Ruskin                 

We all can influence someone’s life, and as we build this house remember that someone is always watching. As I remember my granddad and some of the stones he has laid, I am challenged to lay stones that my grandchildren will say, "These are some of the stones my papa laid.  As I finish off,  I wonder are your children proud of this house, and will they say, "This is the house our Father in Heaven built for us." 



                                                                                                                                                          Proverbs  18:22 22 The man who finds a wife finds a treasure and receives favor from the LORD.                                                                                                                                                                       Love John ,  See You On The Other Side      LOG-ON       
                                                                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment