Sunday, February 12, 2012

Have Faith

                                                                  


 Noah built an ark in preparation for a flood. He was obedient to what God was telling him to do. He was called to gather two of every kind of animal, make an ark, and get prepared for what was to come. God is calling each one of us for something: a vocation, marriage, dreams, new birth, and death. How we prepare is really up to us. We can spend our time thinking about the past. We can waste time worrying about tomorrow, or we can take care of each days troubles as they come. I am not so naive to say we shouldn’t plan for the future. We should. We should also pray that God would direct our path. I started out building a model log home, a dream of sorts. In a way I went out  on a limb. I was being obedient to what I felt the Holy Spirit was prompting me to do at the time. I can honestly say, that as I have worked the walls, and thought about the different stages of construction, something happened inside me. As I read my Bible I wrote down some of my thoughts. I know what I have written came out of my spending time, trying to listen to whatever lesson I needed to know. That every stage of construction is important: from the blueprints and design, foundation, choice of material, color on the walls, even the tweed in the carpet, right down to the smallest detail. The term, "turn-key," is often used in the construction of a log home. That’s when the company you chose hands you the key to your new log home, and says, IT IS FINISHED                                                                                                                                                                                          As I sit here and write my thoughts I am moved, stirred up inside. I can't help but wonder when the company you choose hands over the keys, which home will they be for? Over this last while as I have tried to go deeper, by reading my Bible, worshiping, praying, and at times crying, I think about how this soul is doing. I have been blessed, moved, and challenged in my thoughts. I have come to the conclusion that heaven is our true home, realizing now that  I have the key to the right home.
                                  Hebrews 13:14                                                                                               
14 For this world is not our home; we are looking forward to our city in heaven, which is yet to come .                                                                          Log-On                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment