Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Helper







…Something happens when you move towards what ignites you inside. I don’t think it matters if the steps you take are small steps, or big steps, as long as you are moving in the direction you want to go. You may never even get there, and that’s o.k., but you need to be on the road that will get you there. I’ve taken a step in the direction I want to go, and purchased a piece of property with the hope to one-day build that log home. This property is well treed with just the right amount of slope for good drainage, and a view of the ocean. There was no driveway, or clearing, so we needed to decide where the entrance to the driveway would start, and how it would wind through the forest to a clearing where the log house would be built. The day the big tractor arrived to make an opening in the forest was probably one of the best days toward this dream, watching that big tractor plough through the thick forest, knocking down trees, tearing up stumps, and preparing the clearing where we would build. I remember having fun using a string to get an idea where the walls would be. Or trying to figure out where I’d be looking out the kitchen window, sitting at an imaginary table, watching guests drive up the driveway. We’ve decided when we build this log home to build a shell log home, one that is built in the yard of a log homebuilder, then trucked to the site where the foundation is ready to accept the home. Trucked with the log home shell is a representative, or supervisor to instruct with the reconstruction of the log shell. The homeowner is encouraged to have some willing people to come alongside, and help. Wouldn’t that be an incredible experience? Sometimes I can almost see the truck driving up the driveway, and I can’t help wonder how I will feel on that day.                

Your spirit may feel empty, ugly; full of big trees, large stumps, weeds that tie you down, and hold you back. One step in the right direction soon becomes two, then three, and before you know it, you are standing in a clearing. When we were trying to decide where to start the entrance to the driveway, or trying to visualize where the clearing would be, we would stand back, look at this thick forest, and have no idea what to do. We would go away, come back. We were city folk. This forest that was so thick overpowered us, with its massive cedar trees. Finally we had to make a decision. Get on with it, one piece at a time. God’s grace is like that, one piece at a time. I am amazed when I look back over my life, and the process. I have watched as big trees, large stumps, and weeds have been ploughed up, and a clearing prepared for the Son to shine in, the wind to blow freely, and my spirit to dance. Sounds like freedom. Don’t let circumstances, past wrong choices hold you back. One piece at a time can change a life. As we are building this house we have been given a promise from the master builder. God said in his instructions I will never leave you, I am going to send you my representative to help with the construction. God formed us in our mother’s womb, His work yard. Prebuilt, then shipped us out. Doesn’t it make sense that He is going to send us a helper? So I wonder what it’s going to be like on that last day when we see the Son of God return. I can’t help wonder how I will feel on that day.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          John 14:26  (The Living Bible)                                                                                                           26 "But when the Father sends the Comforter instead of me--and by the Comforter I mean the Holy Spirit--He will teach you much,as well as remind you of everything I myself have told you."  

LOG-ON

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment