Sunday, February 12, 2012

Invited To The Ball


      …Sometimes you can feel a little left out. Maybe the job you have has you working when different events take place, or you’re a student that has a deadline with exams, and projects to complete. You could be the parent of young children that need you to care for them, or you just don’t want to attend. Whatever the reason, that’s o.k. There are times you know in advance that you will be at an event. You purchased a ticket, you’ve got an invitation with the date, time, and location, so you know exactly where to go. Several Sundays ago, our Pastor announced that in a few weeks our church was going to fast. All were invited to participate. That Sunday I accepted my invitation, and I started to prepare myself for whatever was going to happen. It was as if I had been given an invitation to the ball, and I couldn’t wait to get there. I had caught a case of the Cinderella Syndrome. The only difference was that my spirit was excited, as to what was going to take place. I had no 12:00 o’clock curfew, and I got to leave the ball with both slippers. Have you ever walked into a room, and you just can’t quite put your finger on it, but something is different. There’s almost a presence, an energy of expectancy, as to how the night is going to play out.  I was privileged to observe as two worshipers came to worship. One was a dark skinned teenager who knelt in prayer, the other an elderly white gentleman with hands held high, giving honor, glory, and praise. There’s one   Spirit, one God. Youth pastors, janitors, cabinetmakers, housewives, and skateboarders, we all have the same Spirit in us. God doesn’t discriminate.                                                                         
                                                                                                                   
Corinthians 12:5 (The Message) 
God's various ministries are carried out everywhere; but they all originate in God's Spirit.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        That weekend will be one that I will remember for a long time. Not only for the anointing that each elder prayed over us, or the fact that I had to clear out my mom’s apartment, and my daughter moved out on her own.  As I stood in the doorway of my daughter’s empty room, my mind began to reminisce of her, and the years that went on in her room.  Memories of our little princess girl, that now has her invitation to the ball called life. It’s funny how God can speak to us through all of life’s moments. With all the teaching and worship that went on at the church, as people emptied themselves of whatever holds them back, I felt I was encouraged to empty out things that want to hold me back. Now that we have this empty room in us, now that we have confessed, now that we have come before the Lord, help us Lord to long after the things that please you, fill us up with all you will have us to be in you. Guide our paths; create in us daily a right spirit.On the final night of our corporate fast, words were spoken to dream again, to ignite again, and to reboot, to blow on the embers once more. As we have confessed our sins, emptied out, got rid of, laid our burdens down, call it what you want, I only know that with everything that happened this weekend, one thing is for sure, God is FAITHFUL.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

My daughter’s room didn’t stay empty for long. I was selective as to what I wanted to fill it up with. Oddly enough, some of my mom’s furniture went in there, and in an odd kind of way I could visit my mom in this room.  I love music, so music will be played in this room.  I love to dream, so dreams will be ignited in this room.  I love to pray, so prayers will be prayed in this room. For now my daughter’s room will be given a new name.  I think I will call it the dream room.                         LOG-ON

No comments:

Post a Comment