Thursday, July 29, 2010

Blue Sky nothin' but blue skies do I see


Spending Time…
Intimacy and foundation somehow have almost come to mean the same thing. It’s all about taking an account of your life. God will not push his way into your life. You may have had a rocky start. Maybe your foundation was from a background that saw no value in reading the Bible, His blue print on how to live. You could be from a background full of emotional baggage, alcohol or substance abuse, low self-esteem, whatever. There is an accuser. All he wants to do is confuse you. Have you ever noticed he is not always there? God’s Words, His blue print – “I will never leave you”. His Promise – “If you search for me you will find me.”
These past months ‘Building’ has allowed me the privilege to spend time with the master builder in a way that has allowed me to grow and reflect on what is important to Him. Walls in a house where the foundation isn’t square can still be livable. Maybe you will have trouble closing the door, and keeping out the devil, because the door won’t fit in is opening. Or maybe the roof will leak and you will have trouble keeping out the storms, because the storms will come. Any house can be made to look like it is livable, where there are lots of problems with the over all construction. But a house built on a square foundation, where the work is done by a skilled craftsman, this house will stand.
Some houses need renovations, some more than others, but the owner has to be willing to let the Builder take over, to put their trust in Him.
I find myself more and more with a heartache, longing after the things that please God. I tear up when I hear injustice. I feel for people in need. Somehow it all gets so overwhelming, with all the need in the world. I know I can never out give God, but I can make a difference in one LIFE. There is a sacrifice on our part when we help people in need. You have to give of your time, your money, your things. Really it is all so little, when I think what he has done for me.
Today I had a moment of awe, a turning point, a gift of hope, where I have had to learn to persevere, to put time into something. God can speak to me. I believe that more and more, as I learn to give my life over to Him and learn to please Him. I know that if you let Him, he will reconstruct your life, and he will give you the tools you need to do the job. Today is Sunday so I need to get ready for church. I was so moved today by the worship and the way we were invited to worship our maker. This Sunday a word was spoken to tear down the walls, and it spoke to my spirit since I have been doing some of this in my own life, and oddly enough on the log house model. Pastor Steve has a way that draws me into whatever he preaches on. This Sunday was no different as he shared His heart, how the world impacts us, how he needs to be more sensitive to the needy. He shared an ache in his own spirit, to draw closer to God. Near the end of the message when he used the word foundation my spirit all most exploded. I can’t think of anywhere else I would rather be on Sunday.
Today isn’t my birthday but I feel that I have been given many gifts. As I look across the congregation, Ben is standing, worshiping. He has Amos in his arms. Fathers Love. Amos for the first time ran down the hall to me and gave me a Big Huggggg –Acceptance. I was also given a name today from Amos - Pappa. We think we will tell our grandchildren what to call us, but they call us what’s in their heart.
We are all children of God. We all want to feel the Father’s love. We all want to feel acceptance. Today I was also given a gift from God. I was given the gift of HOPE.
JERERMIAH 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.(NLT)
My Prayer for you as you read my thoughts is that you are encouraged to go deeper, if only in small steps. Log -On.

2 comments: