Friday, July 9, 2010

now how d,you reckon we,re gonna get there



DREAMS We all have dreams. Places where we would like to travel to, where we would like to live, who we would like to marry, to the number of children we would like to have. Dreams are what put man on the moon, Columbus to discover that the world wasn’t flat. Who would have imagined or dreamt that man would travel faster that the speed of sound. It’s so important to dream. I’m sure some of your dreams aren’t as big as these. For others your dreams are for your children, for their education, for the path they would follow, for that special someone God has picked out for them.
Not all dreams come true. For me, the only one that mattered was marrying my girl friend. Proverbs 18:22 “The man who finds a wife finds a good thing, she is a blessing to him from the Lord.” This blog isn’t about dreams or log houses, it’s about going deeper in your own walk. It’s a tool that has helped me, as I learn to hear God’s voice and grow. My prayer is that you would be moved to go deeper in your own personal understanding of his love. Find something that you have a passion for, and learn to hear God’s voice for yourself. If your dream is to climb Mt. Everest start with the local mountains, listen to nature, look up at the stars. Maybe your dream is to scuba dive in Fiji, then take scuba diving lessons. Or maybe you want to join the Power Team. We need to be prepared for all that God has for us.
I have always wanted to build a log house. There something about the way I get drawn into the beauty of this style of construction. It’s a dream that through the years has faded, till I started building a scale model of my dream log home. At times I felt that I was in the forest working on a real log home. I could almost hear the chain saw and smell the freshly cut logs. I could spend hours working on my model, totally losing track of time, till one day I started to feel guilty. Guilty, because what I was doing was stealing time from God. My spirit wasn’t right. Something was out of line, till I began to start my day with a Bible study. That’s when the construction took on a personal study and what I was reading was lining up with what I was constructing.
Some may laugh that I am only playing, but in my playing I have been blessed with possibilities. I remember as a young boy playing store with my two sisters. We would collect all the empty cans and cereal boxes to stock the shelves of our store, where we would play for hours. It was simple fun, not complicated.
God’s love isn’t complicated. Come.

25 Abruptly Jesus broke into prayer: "Thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth. You've concealed your ways from sophisticates and know-it-alls, but spelled them out clearly to ordinary people. 26 Yes, Father, that's the way you like to work." 27 Jesus resumed talking to the people, but now tenderly. "The Father has given me all these things to do and say. This is a unique Father-Son operation, coming out of Father and Son intimacies and knowledge. No one knows the Son the way the Father does, nor the Father the way the Son does. But I'm not keeping it to myself; I'm ready to go over it line by line with anyone willing to listen. 28 "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. 29 Walk with me and work with me - watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. 30 Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." (Message Translation)

What can I say, what can I do, but offer this heart of mine, completely to you.

1 comment: